How To Submit Your R350 Grant Appeal | The New Way

Individuals whose R350 Grant application was rejected by SASSA have the right to submit an appeal, which could result in them receiving the social support mechanism.

The Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, also known as the R350 grant, is a critical relief measure available to unemployed people between the ages of 18 and 59 years old living in South Africa.

How To Submit Your R350 Grant Appeal

You can apply for the R350 grant by submitting an application to the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa). Your application will be considered and will be provided with a decision.

If Sassa declines your R350 grant application, you have the right to submit an appeal if you disagree with Sassa’s decision. Appeals must be submitted to the Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals (ITSAA).

How To Submit Your R350 Grant Appeal | A Guide

  • Step 1: Visit The ITSAA Appeal Website
  • Step 2: Enter Your Identification Number
  • Step 3: Enter The Cell Phone Number You Used During The Application Process
  • Step 4: Click Send “Pin”
  • Step 5: Once you receive the pin, you will be required to insert it and click “Submit”
  • Step 6: Select the month that you are appealing for
  • Step 7: Secret the drop-down arrow to choose the reason for your appeal application from the options provided
  • Step 8: Click “Submit” to complete the appeal application process

An appeal application needs to be lodged in relation to each month where a person is rejected by Sassa, if in disagreement with the decision.

The ITSAA will give you a decision within 60 to 90 days after you submitted your appeal.

The decision of the ITSAA is the final decision. However, if you are not satisfied with the decision, you may approach the High Court for judicial review. This must be done within a period of 180 days.

Demzyportal Category: SASSA

Was this article helpful?

One Response

  1. Zulpha stemmet April 29, 2023

Leave a Reply