The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and Environment is to employ x2 Human Resource Clerks.
Applicants must clearly indicate the province, reference number and the local municipality they are applying for on the signed application letter.
Applicants who are applying for multiple municipalities must submit separate applications.
PLEASE read carefully the instructions concerning application procedures to be followed (last page).
- Grade 12 Certificate or relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of Administration fields, public service and departmental procedures and prescript, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Understanding of the human resource management (HRM), legislation, and regulatory framework (Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations and human resource (HR) practices and procedures), administrative procedures, personnel management.
- Skills: good communication skills (verbal and written), organising, planning, presentation, coordination, and stakeholder liaison.
- Ability to work long hours voluntarily.
- Ability to work individually and in team.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Ability to work with difficult persons and to resolve conflict.
- Sense of responsibility and loyalty.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Experience in the use of Persal system will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted on a signed new Z83 application form (click bold underlined text to download PDF form) accompanied by a recent detailed curriculum vitae to be considered.
- Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed and signed in full, the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
- Applications may be forwarded to: The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Private Bag X4390, Cape Town, 8000 or hand-deliver to 14 Loop Street Cape Town. Marked for attention: Human Resources Management.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- The National Department Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the department’s equity plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous employment (reference checks); social media checks, and qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
- Entry level requirements for senior management service (SMS) posts: o In terms of the Directive on Compulsory Capacity Development, Mandatory Training Days and Minimum Entry Requirements for SMS that was introduced on 1 April 2015, a pre-entry certificate obtained from National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants. o The course is available at the NSG under the name “certificate for entry into SMS” and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-preentryprogramme/ o Shortlisted candidates must provide proof of successful completion of the course. o Furthermore, candidates shortlisted for the SMS post will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. o Following the interview and the technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments.
- The person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of a performance agreement and an employment contract.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- If you have not been contacted within three (03) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Z83 FORM
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE
Demzyportal Category: Internships
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.