Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity for an Internal Control Accountant to be based at Umhlanga, Durban. The successful incumbent will be responsible to develop a strong control environment for the iBranch and Retail operations and ensuring all transactions are auditable to ensure the validity and accuracy of transactions. To adapt procedures when required (system upgrades, new products/integrations) and ensure their relevance to support accurate reconciliations safeguarding the business against financial loss.
- 2 years or more practical auditing/accounting experience.
- Computer literate. (MS Word, MS Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Microsoft Office.
- Completed Diploma or Degree in Auditing.
- Pastel Evolution experience.
- Own transport.
- Work closely with the relevant senior accountant(s), Group iBranch Accountant, and Group Retail Accountant.
- Collect and analyze data to detect reconciliation weaknesses and identify key and residual risks.
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in Pastel and reconciled.
- Reconciliation of Mobile Vouchers and ensuring adequate controls are implemented to safeguard the company against financial loss.
- Reconciliation of Tax2/Tax3 Data to ensure the accuracy of gambling tax payments.
- Maintain and enhance daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations.
- Implementing controls for third-party integrations and ensuring transactions are auditable.
- Escalate client debit balances and reconciliation variances that have not been cleared within the standard operating procedures/timeframe.
- Work closely with the development and operational teams to test interactions and new products.
- Ensure supporting financial records are accurate and reliable and available prior to new product deployment (data, tax, balances report, and balancing the account reports).
- Where there are deviations to this notification of senior management is required.
- Oversee the deployment of new reconciliation software and/or related processes.
- Ensure daily reconciliation signoffs are performed by the team on the nominated software.
- Support junior staff and assist with the resolution and escalation of variances.
- Submit a daily report summarizing key aspects of the daily sign-offs.
- Identify and rectify weaknesses within procedures, processes, policies, and related internal control frameworks.
- Continuously look to improve efficiency and effectiveness through ongoing learning/development and new techniques.
- Perform consulting activities and ad hoc assignments as they arise.
- Ensure deadline is met for relevant tasks.
- Timeous and accurate reporting of findings with material value or material risk.
- Working on new projects.
Compliance, risk, and quality:
- Creating, maintaining, and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations (where applicable).
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations relating to iBranch and Retail operations.
- Support the group iBranch and retail accounts regarding the maintenance of the risk register.
- Intense focus on quality with regard to communication, capturing, documentation etc.
- Maintenance of department process write-ups/ system descriptions and quarterly updating.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on their own when inquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula-linked work/templates/workbooks/financial models/recons – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Ensure monthly recons are finalized and saved with supporting photos on the designated software.
- Summarize the detailed daily findings on the designated software and submit a daily report to the Group accountants and Group Financial Control Manager.
- Effectively deal with internal, external, SARS, NCA, and BEE auditors.
- Promote declaration of all gifts and report suspicious requests to clear queries from departments responding to queries.
- To escalate material shortages to the Group Accountant and or Group Financial Control Manager.
- Promote declaration of all conflicts of interest upfront.
- Promote a culture of confidentiality within the business with regard to the protection of personal information.
- Promote a culture of compliance with FICA and AML regulations with regard to reporting suspicious transactions.
- Ensure all personal information of loan applicants and suppliers and other stakeholders is not shared and is maintained in a secure environment.
- Stay abreast with changes in the relevant industry and changes to relevant Acts/Regulations.
- Ensure that relevant iBranch/Retail Policies, Procedures, Manuals, and training manuals are maintained and updated accordingly.
- Ensure that various iBranch/Retail templates/forms/agreements/ T&Cs are maintained and updated accordingly.
Growth and new markets/products:
- Key supplier relationship management.
- Source new products/innovations/robotics/artificial intelligence/predictive analysis.
- Development of existing products/software.
- Ensure that measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve short-term, medium-term, long term goals.
- Assist with company projects or lead company projects as allocated from time to time.
Skills and Competency
- Demonstrates ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrates sound presentation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate workshops in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate high energy, enthusiasm, and motivation in the execution of work.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of accountability.
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of customer service and quality standards.
- Proficient in coaching.
- Proficient in training.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
A Writer, Content Creator, and Author at Demzyportal.