IVANPLATS Bursary 2023 – IVANPLATS (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of Ivanhoe Mines, with a Main focus on developing its leading palladium-rhodium-nickel-copper-gold project. The mine is located in the Limpopo province near Mokopane and uses the latest and largest mining technology to extract minerals from underground. IVANPLATS plans to continuously use this technology to develop its “mine of the future.”
ABOUT THE IVANPLATS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
IVANPLATS is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing around recognized mining communities, for undergraduate studies in any field.
Demzyportal Bursaries is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the IVANPLATS Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE IVANPLATS BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Successful candidates will be enrolled in the bursary programme for a maximum of 4 years until they complete their undergraduate qualification. During the programme, the candidate will work in all avenues of the mine (such as underground and on the surface) thus obtaining Mining related qualifications.
Shortlisted/ successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IVANPLATS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be in your 1st or the later year of study, towards a formal full NQF level aligned qualification
- You must be studying at a recognized and accredited University in South Africa
- You must reside within IVANPLATS’ mining communities
- You must be willing to work underground, on mining surfaces, and in all mining operations
- You must pass all relevant fitness and health tests
- You must be fully vaccinated and possess a Covid-19 vaccination certificate
- You must be passionate about the mining sector
- Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged candidates from local communities/ IVANPLATS’ surrounding communities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IVANPLATS BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at IVANPLATS Bursary Application 2023
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can log in and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence (letter from a tribal Authority/ ward councilor confirming your address)
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
CLOSING DATE FOR THE IVANPLATS BURSARY
13 March 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact IVANPLATS directly:
Tel: 015 491 0600
APPLY ALSO: Kwazulu-Natal Government Bursary 2023
A Writer, Content Creator, and Author at Demzyportal.