Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get a copy of my lost certificate?



If you lost your certificate, request it from your training providers.

Matric Certificate

To apply for a replacement or re-issue of your matric certificate, please contact the Department of Basic Education on the following contact details:


Telephone: 012 357 4511/13



Who do I contact to enquire about the status of my certificate?

Please contact the training provider to enquire about the status of your certificate. You can also contact the relevant Quality Council (QC) for further information in this regard.

The three QCs are the:

  • Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training (Umalusi) for general and further education and training qualifications
  • Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) for work-based qualifications
  • Council on Higher Education (CHE) for higher education qualifications

Their contact details are:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *