The primary objective of the bursary is to promote master’s, or PhD level research in agribusiness-related fields and Agbiz certainly is proud to be associated with and supporting the set research of Agbiz Centenary Bursary holders.
The annual bursary of R41 000.00 is available to a South African student registered for a master’s or PhD degree in either agricultural economics or agribusiness management-related fields, at any recognised South African university in 2023.
Terms and conditions apply. For more information, read the Terms and Conditions Document.
Applications for the 2023 bursary, complete with a completed application form and the required documentation, should reach Agbiz via email or mail before 6 December 2022.
The bursary is awarded on merit, based on the study record to date, as well as the relevancy and contribution of the field of research to agribusiness
Students with the most relevant field of study, or proposed field of study, will be favoured.
Agbiz will also favour students willing to be guided by Agbiz in formulating the topic of their research.
Application for the bursary for a specific purpose, and sufficient motivation therefore, can also favour the student.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- Applicants should have registered or qualified for admission to a master’s or PhD degree in agricultural economics or agribusiness management-related fields at a recognised South African university.
- Applicants should have successfully completed a relevant undergraduate programme, or degree, or be in the final year studying towards an undergraduate qualification.
- Applicants should have received a minimum of 60% for major subjects.
- The applicant needs to submit a letter of recommendation from his/her academic supervisor, or the head of the department (strictly no longer than one page).
- The applicant should submit a personal motivation stating why he/she needs the bursary and what it will be used for (strictly no longer than one page).
- The applicant should ensure that his/her academic supervisor, or head of the department, provides biannual progress reports (in the second and last term of the year)
For enquiries please contact Liezl Esterhuizen on 012 807 6686 or e-mail email@example.com.
Applications, complete with a completed application form and the required documentation, should reach Agbiz via email or mail by no later than 6 December 2022.
Confirmation of receipt will be sent electronically to the applicant’s stated email address as soon as the application is received. It is the applicant’s own responsibility to ensure the successful delivery of documentation.
Incomplete applications may be rejected without notification.
No late application will be considered.
The selected student will be contacted by middle January 2023. If you have not heard anything regarding your application by that time, your application was unsuccessful.
The decision by Agbiz regarding the awarding of the bursary is final.
Download the Agbiz Centenary Bursary Terms and Conditions
Download the 2023 Agbiz Centenary Bursary Application Form