Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) applicants to apply for Biorepository Internships Programme for financial year 2020. The intern is for the period of 12 months.
Internship Closing Date: 27 August 2020
Internship Location: Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal
- A National Diploma or BSc in Medical Microbiology, Virology or another related and relevant field.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a biorepository, diagnostic or research laboratory setting.
- Experience working with a Laboratory Information Management System.
- Experience in processing, aliquoting and storage of various biological samples.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of operating in a SANAS accredited laboratory (ISO 15189 or similar) and or Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) compliant laboratory.
- Registered with HPCSA.
How to apply
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and also valid work permit/visa holders.
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.