Brenda Nokuzola Fassie was a South African anti-apartheid Afropop singer, songwriter, dancer, and activist. Affectionately called MaBrrr by her fans, she is the “Queen of African Pop”, the “Madonna of The Townships” or simply as The Black Madonna.
Brenda Fassie whose full name is Brenda Nokuzola Fassie was born on the 3rd of November 1964 in Langa, Cape Town in South Africa.
Brenda Fassie Frequently Asked Questions
How old was Brenda Fassie when she died?
- She was 39 years old (1964 – 2004)
How did Brenda Fassie die?
- She died as a result of a Cocaine overdose
When did Brenda Fassie die?
- She died on the 9th of May 2004
Where is Brenda Fassie from?
- She is from Langa, Cape Town
Who was Brenda Fassie married to?
- She was married to Nhlanhla Mbambo from 1989 to 1991
Where was Brenda Fassie buried?
- She was buried at Langa, Cape Town
What is the meaning of vulindlela?
Vulindlela is a Xhosa/Zulu word which means “Make way”. In the context of Brenda Fassie’s song, it means “ make the way you gossiping neighbors because my child is getting married today”.