Can I Rewrite My Matric After 5 Years?


Yes, you can rewrite your matric if you’ve been out of school for 5 years or more and you wish to rewrite your matric.  You can apply for the Amended Senior Certificate (SC), which is equivalent to the National Senior Certificate (NSC).

The Department of Basic Education facilitates Matric rewrites through the Second Chance Matric Programme.

Click here to visit the DBE website for more information on the Second Chance Matric Programme and Matric rewrites.


Leave a Reply