Canyon Coal invites South African students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursary Application closing date is 10 February 2023
PAY ATTENTION: Never miss any Updates – Follow the Demzyportal Facebook Page!
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science & Safety Management
- Geology (BSc)
- Mine Survey (BSc)
- Mining Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, accommodation and book allowances.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days from the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by then, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields above, in 2023
- You must be studying or provisionally accepted to study at a university in South Africa, in 2023
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for all major subjects, if currently studying
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students residing within the Delmas area
- Preference will be given to students in financial need
- Preference will be given to students who are studying or have applied to study at their local tertiary institution
- Preference will be given to female students and student with disabilities
How to apply
Download and complete the Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic records including most recent results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or application and fee statement (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians or spouse (breadwinners) ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents, guardians or spouse (breadwinners) proof of income (latest payslip or letter from company stating income if employed, balance sheet if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension if applicable – see page 8 of the application form for more details) (certified copies)
- Motivational letter to support your application, including details of your academic
ability, financial need and future career plans
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Canyon Coal Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
Demzyportal Category: Bursaries