This article contains information about Edna Molewa Biography, Awards, Husband & Death. Read details below…
Edna Molewa (Bomo Edith Edna Molewa) was a South African politician and also held the Water and Environmental Affairs Ministry.
She was born on 23rd March 1957 in Bela- Bela, South Africa and died on September 22, 2018, Pretoria, South Africa.
Table Of Contents
Edna Molewa Husband
She was married to Francis Sethema until his death and together they had four children.
Edna later got married to Richard Molewa, a business consultant that had two kids from his previous marriage.
She studied at the University of South Africa (UNISA)
Edna Molewa Membership
- Member of Federation of Transvaal Women.
- 1996 – 2018: Board Member of Khululekani Institute for Democracy.
- 1998 – 2018: Board Member of Sikelela Umcolo Board.
- 1998 – Present: Board Member of Saccawu Investment Holdings.
- 1992 – 1994: Member of National Labour Economic Institute.
Edna Molewa Awards
- 2003: Best MEC for Agriculture in the country, National Emergent Red-Meat Producers Organization.
- 2003: Department award for Best performance in the Province, North West Province.
Edna Molewa Death
Molewa was hospitalised a few days after returning on 8 September from a state visit to China, where she had contracted a virus. After failing to respond to medical treatment she was placed in an induced coma. Molewa briefly stabilised after coming out of the coma but died on 22 September 2018 in Pretoria. She was 61 years old as of the time of her death.
Read Also: Hanneli Rupert Biography, Family & Career