SASSA card is an electronic card issued by the South Africa Social Security Agency (SASSA) for various categories of grants beneficiaries to access their monthly payments.
In this article, you will see the following:
- Complete guide on how to apply for the SASSA Debit Card
- how to renew the SASSA Card
- Where you can get the SASSA Card.
- BONUS: FAQS About The South Africa Social Security Agency Card
Once your grant is approved, you will be issued a SASSA payment card. This card is used to access your grant money. If you wish to use alternative methods of payment such as:
• Banks including Postbank, or
• Institutions, you must contact your nearest SASSA office
Please note that the SASSA card is the only official social grant payment card.
How to Apply for the SASSA Card
Visit any Sassa offices branch, Present an identity document and you will be issued with the new card within minutes.
The new card can also be obtained from Post Office nationwide. Special arrangements are made for immobile beneficiaries who cannot visit a Post Office.
How to Renew SASSA Card
If you want to renew your card or you want a replacement for your lost card Visit any Sassa office nearest to you. All beneficiaries are requested to keep their cards and pin safely. Beneficiaries can report any problems they may encounter to their nearest Sassa office.
Benefits of a SASSA Account:
The account will allow the following transactions at no cost to the beneficiary:
- 1 Cash withdrawal over the counter at a SA Post Office branch per month.
- 1st Issued biometric enabled EMV chip card;
- 1st Replacement biometric enabled EMV chip card (per annum);
- 3 Retail merchants cash withdrawals (per month);
- Purchase and cash back combinations at retail merchants;
- 1st ATM balance enquiry (per month);
- 1 Mini statement at SA Post Office branches;
- 1st Full statement (for a maximum period of 3 months) at SA Post Office branches
- 1st PIN Reset at SA Post Office branches (per annum);
- PIN Reset at SASSA offices.
The SA Post Office also caters for beneficiaries who are not comfortable using a PIN. These beneficiaries can present their ID document to make a withdrawal inside the Post Office branch using biometric authentication instead of a PIN to withdraw funds.
FAQS About The SASSA Card
How do I apply for new Sassa card?
Visit any Post Office branch, present an identity document and you will be issued with the new card within minutes. The new card can also be obtained from Sassa offices nationwide. Special arrangements are made for immobile beneficiaries who cannot visit a Post Office.
Can I get a new Sassa card at the post office?