The SANDF officially issues application forms to members of the public who wish to join the Defence Force through the Military Skills Development System. You can train and learn a lifelong skill and trade. Apply now before you miss out!
The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is seeking eligible members of the public to apply to their Military Skills Development System (MSDS). There is only a short application period so if you are interested you must act soon.
- A South African Citizen (No dual citizenship)
- Age between 18 and 22 at the time of joining (Completed Grade 12 or N3 with 6 subjects including two languages) or not more than 26 if in possession of a 3 year tertiary qualification (Degree, National Diploma or N6 with N4 and N5 prescript)
- Preferably single
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the SANDF
- Currently in Grade 12 or completed Grade 12 or equivalent with subjects specific to a career selection
- Not be area bound
- Must not have a criminal record
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the SAND
- Comply with all other prescribed requirements for appointment in the SANDF
- Must be willing to relocate and to participate in deployments both in South Africa and abroad if required to do so
- Be recommended by a selection board.
HOW TO APPLY
The SANDF recruitment process is free so make sure that you don’t pay anyone for the application forms or to submit your application for the MSDS.
- SA Army – Download the South African Army Application
- SAAF – Download South African Air Force Application
- SA Navy – Download South African Navy Application
- SAMHS – Download South African Military Health Service Application
You can also apply in person.
For the ease of reference, application forms are issued at the following regional offices with indicated addresses:
Regional Office Free State
- Army Support Base Bloemfontein Recruitment Office, Pappa Brits Street, Tempe, Bloemfontein, 9300
Regional Office Western Cape
- Castle of Good Hope Recruitment Office Block C, c/o Buiten and Strand Street, Cape Town, 8000
Regional Office Limpopo
- Army Support Recruitment Office Building Building T143, Gate Way Road, Polokwane, 0699
Regional Office Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Recruitment Office, Lords Ground Military Base, 186 Old Ford Road (K.E Masinga Road), Durban
Regional Office Eastern Cape
- Army Support Base Recruitment Office Willow Drive, Forest Hill, Porta Elizabeth, 6013
Regional Office Northern Cape
- Army Support Base Recruitment Office, Kimberley, General Khan van der Spuy Avenue, Diskobolos, Kimberley
Regional Office North West
- Army Support Base Recruitment Office C/O Grobler Street (R53) and Eleazer Road, Potchefstroom, 2531
Regional Office Gauteng
- Recruitment Office, C/O Visagie and Paul Kruger Street, Pretoria Central, 0001
Applicants residing in Mpumalanga will access forms at the following venues:
- Army Support Base, 8 Spruit Street, Mbombela, 1201
- 4 South African Infantry Battalion, C/O Dr Beyers Naude and Boncker Street, Middleburg, Mpumalanga, 1050