If you want to apply for the SRD Grant now after the National State of Disaster has ended, you need to know that the Sassa R350 grant is managed under new rules now.
In this article, you will see a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant Under The New Rules.
The R350 Grant is now managed under the Social Assistance Act and not the State of Disaster Act as we are no longer under the National State of Disaster and because of this New Rules and regulation has been made.
According to The South African Government the New Regulation or Rules is as follows:
Amendment of regulation 2 of Regulations
1. Regulation 2 of the Regulations is hereby amended—
(a) by the deletion of subregulation (4); and
(b) by the substitution for subregulation (5) of the following subregulation:
“(5) The income threshold for insufficient means, contemplated in this regulation is [R350] R624 per person per month.”.
Amendment of regulation 5 of Regulations
2. Regulation 5 of the Regulations is hereby amended by the deletion of subregulation (2) with effect from 01 July 2022.
Short title and Commencement
3. These Regulations are called the Social Assistance Act, 2004: Amendment of Regulations Relating to COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress and is regarded to have come into peration on 01 August 2022.
How to Submit R350 Application Grant Under The New Rules
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll to the ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ section
- Click on the yellow bar which says ‘click here to apply online’
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “send sms”
- Then enter the one time pin that Sassa has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by Sassa
How to apply for the SRD grant on WhatsApp
- Add 082 046 8553 as a contact on your phone
- Go on WhatsApp and send a message saying ‘hi’ to this number
- You will then receive a response and you should then respond saying ‘help’
- You will be given various options, reply saying ‘4’
- This will lead you to the Unathi Sassa platform message which you should reply ‘SRD’ to
- You then have to confirm whether you’re applying for yourself or someone else
- Now the actual application begins and you’ll have to submit your name, surname and ID number in the message.
- You will then receive a message on Whatsapp stating the next steps.
In order to access or to have your SRD grant application considered, an applicant must grant consent for Sassa to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits. Applicants will also need to accept the declaration and consent.
Under the new Act, existing beneficiaries are urged to reapply. Once you’ve reapplied, you won’t have to apply again.
Applicants are urged to only submit one application instead of multiple applications across the various platforms. Confirmation will be received as soon as the application has been successfully submitted.
Sassa has to then approve or reject all SRD grant applications received before the 15th of the month. Beneficiaries will then receive an SMS informing them of whether they’ve been approved or not.
Find lots of information on the R350 SRD grant including status checks and payment dates on the Demzyportal SASSA.
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.
I want to change my number to 0686820675
I don’t get payment for three months now