Table Of Contents
What is An Academic Record Or Transcript In South Africa?
UCT academic Record is an official record of your complete enrolment history at UCT, including the results you achieved for each course, credit points, Grade Point Average (GPA) for each semester, and the overall GPA for your studies. Academic Transcript/Record is at times one of the Jobs or internships requirements that could disqualify you if you refuse to submit a copy.
A Good Academic record as defined by many Universities is the one with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale, wherever grading system is followed).
UCT Academic Vital Info
- You receive 1 hard copy and 1 electronic copy of your official academic transcript after graduation.
- If you don’t receive the electronic transcripts you must check within 3 months of the graduation ceremony by e-mailing [email protected] with your full name and student number or date of birth. After that, you will have to request transcripts using the process below.
- For security reasons, requests must be put in writing. The request must include your ID or passport number or date of birth. Fill out the Transcript Request Form electronically to avoid errors.
- Third party requests must come with written consent from the student.
- Cash payments must be made at the University Cashiers’ Office (Level 3, Kramer Law Building) or by credit card (form to be sent to Student Records) or by direct deposit into UCT’s bank account (proof of payment to be sent to Student Records). The Cashiers’ Office is open Monday to Friday, 09:00–15:30.
- No money can be accepted at the Student Records Office.
- Proof of payment must be emailed, faxed or handed to the Student Records Office before the request can be processed. Screenshots of payment confirmation will not be accepted.
- An academic transcript will not be issued if you have outstanding fees or an outstanding disciplinary case.
- If you have just written exams, records are only be issued after those results have been released.
- Academic transcripts take 4 working days to process. Records which have to be typed manually from archived master cards take 6 working days to process.
- Students urgently wanting transcripts to be sent overseas should contact a courier company to collect them at the Student Records Office. If a courier is used, you will have to pay all courier costs.
- Please email permission for the courier company to collect your transcripts – you must provide the name of the company.
- Transcripts not collected within 3 months of being processed will be destroyed, and you will need to re-request and pay the fee again if you require transcripts.
Application For UCT Academic Record
Applying or requesting for your academic record at UCT (University Of Cape Town) is very simple you can choose to use any of the methods below:
Requesting Your Academic Transcript Using The Form
You can fill the form provided by UCT and pay the Required fee for your Academic Transcript.
By Visiting UCT Campus
UCT Academic Record Contact Info
You can contact by email [email protected]
Or Call: +27 (0)21 650 3595