Wits University Courses And Programs: www.wits.ac.za courses and programs for students at The Wits University including Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Masters, Certificate, Diploma, Distance Learning programs which have gained the Council on Higher Education accreditation.
If you seeking admission into the above-named university you need to read this carefully because Demzyportal has written down the necessary information you need.
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, is a multi-campus South African public research university situated in the northern areas of central Johannesburg. It is more commonly known as Wits University or Wits and was founded in 1922.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Wits University Courses and programmes
- 2 WITS Undergraduate Courses
- 3 WITS Postgraduate Courses
Wits University Courses and programmes
Wits has five faculties, made up of 33 schools, offering 3416 courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
WITS Undergraduate Courses
Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management
The Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management offers world-class educational programmes that equip future leaders with business, management, and legal skills, while supporting your professional development.
We offer a wide range of undergraduate qualifications through the:
- School of Accountancy
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Business Sciences
- School of Law
- Wits Plus Centre for Part-Time Studies
Our programmes include the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) with flexible major combinations, and more specialised degrees, like:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Politics, Philosophy and Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Law
- Two-year stream
- Three-year stream
- Four-year stream
- Bachelor of Accounting Science
- Bachelor of Economic Science
Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
Degrees offered through the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment address South Africa’s social, spatial, and infra-structural needs, and include architecture, urban and regional planning, property studies, and construction studies.
This Faculty comprises seven Schools:
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics and Management
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial and Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
We offer a range of undergraduate programmes, including:
- Engineering, in a range of fields
- Biomedical Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Digital Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Property Studies
- Construction Studies
Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences pioneers African and global research that improves and saves lives. Join a community of achievers and help to shape the future.
The Bachelor of Health Sciences offers three fields of study: Biokinetics, Biomedical Sciences, and Health Systems Sciences.
Degrees are offered in:
- Clinical Medical Practice
- Occupational Therapy
You will receive academic and practical training at five major hospitals in Johannesburg, at several clinics and rural hospitals in Gauteng, and at the Donald Gordon Medical Centre, which also assists clinicians with all aspects of their clinical research.
More than 500 students graduate from our faculty every year.
Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities is among Africa’s leading centres of study in the Arts, Social Sciences, Human and Community Development, Education and Literature, and Media.
Choose between vocationally oriented programmes for specific careers, and theory and research-oriented programmes for careers in academia and research institutes, the public and private sectors, and non-governmental organisations.
Three schools in the Faculty of Humanities offer professional (vocational) programmes
- Wits School of Arts (WSoA): Digital Arts; Theatre and Performance; Film and Television; Fine Arts and Music
- Wits School of Education (WSoE): Foundation Phase Teaching; Intermediate Phase Teaching; Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching
- School of Human and Community Development (SHCD): Speech-Language Pathology; Audiology; Social Work.
Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science has a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research. Studying science opens doors to careers in fields like medical research, chemistry, computer science and biotechnology.
There are nine Schools in the Faculty, clustered into four groupings:
- Mathematical Sciences: Actuarial Sciences; Computational and Applied Mathematics; Computer Science; Mathematics; Mathematics of Finance; Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Science: Physical Science; Chemistry with Chemical Engineering; Material Science; Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Earth Sciences: Geography and Archaeology; Geospatial Science; Geological Science
- Biological Sciences: Biodiversity; Ecology and Conservation; Organismal Biology; Applied Bioinformatics; Biochemistry and Cell Biology; Genetics and Development Biology; Microbiology and Biotechnology
WITS Postgraduate Courses
For Wits University Postgraduate programmes and all courses click here.
- Wits Student Portal – Wits University student portal
Wits University Official Website
Hence, from the above link, you can access the courses, programs and student portal, if the is any other added information you need or probably you are not satisfied with the above information, please visit the school official website below;
I hope you find this content helpful because that is what I really wanted. if you have any question(s) you want to ask, you can drop a comment below and our expert would respond to you positively.
If you find this content helpful you can share it with your friends with the below social media icons.