Hi, are you a student at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) and finding it hard to pay your tuition fees? Then CPUT Student Funding that includes both CPUT Bursaries and Loan is here to assist you financially.
In this article, you will explore so many kinds of student funding including undergraduate, postgraduate, Masters, Doctorate CPUT Student Funding bursaries, and the Student Loan.
Table Of Contents
- 1 CPUT Student Funding: Bursaries 2021
- 2 CPUT Student Funding: Loans 2021
- 3 CPUT Student Funding: Scholarships 2021
CPUT Student Funding: Bursaries 2021
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS):
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a public entity reporting to the Department of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS provides financial assistance in the form of a study bursary to qualifying students who wish to study or are already studying at TVET colleges and public universities.
What does the NSFAS bursary cover?
Applicants who are approved for NSFAS funding are covered for the following:
- Accommodation or transport
- Learning material
- Personal care
Who qualifies for the bursary?
You qualify for a NSFAS bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2021 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
- SASSA grant recipients or
- Your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year or
- Person with a disability with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year or
- Student who begun their university studies before 2018 and their household income is not more than R122 000 per year
What is required during the application process?
NSFAS may need more information from you to process your application, check what supporting documents are required and ensure that you have all the relevant information.
You will need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
- Your own cellphone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
- Your parents, guardian or spouse’s proof of income
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form, click here to download
- An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form, click here to download.
How and where to apply
You can apply online using a cellphone, tablet or computer. Follow these simple steps to apply:
Step 1: Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
Step 2: Create a myNSFAS account
Step 3: Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and answer the questions on the screen
Step 4: Upload the required supporting documents then click on ‘submit’
After you click on ‘submit’, your application reference number will appear on the screen. The reference number will also be sent to the cellphone number and email address you provided.
Browse the How to Apply Document below:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON NOVEMBER 30, 2020
CPUT Student Funding: Loans 2021
Bank Loan: Various Banks In South Africa offer loans to undergraduates, Postgraduates, and other qualifications.
Fundi Loan: Fundi offers student loans to fund their studies. Visit their website for more info and how to apply
CPUT Student Funding: Scholarships 2021
Motsepe Foundation – Martha Rose Scholarship:
this scholarship is available to student in the field of Nursing or Psychology and apllication closes on 30th October 2020. Downlaod Application Form Here and submit your application to [email protected] with the reuired documents.
SARAO Honours Scholarships 2021:
SARAO will consider applications from South African citizens and permanent residents who have
achieved a minimum average of 60% at undergraduate level, and who will be studying one of the
following degrees in 2021:
- Bachelor of Science – Honours, in Physics and Electronics / Astronomy / Astrophysics / Computer
- Bachelor of Science – Honours at NASSP (National Astrophysics and Space Science Programme)
Find out more Information about SARAO Honours Scholarship By viewing this PDF Guide.