Kwazulu-Natal also known as KZN is one of South Africa’s most populous provinces with a rich history. It is also a popular tourist destination as it is home to beautiful beaches, the majestic Drakensberg Mountains, and the protected St. Lucia Wetlands, with the latter two being World Heritage Sites. KZN has a rich agricultural sector and is home to the Zulu King, His Royal Highness King Goodwill Zwelithini.
The province’s government works actively in all sectors to create an equal society that offers benefits to all its residents. The province is a dichotomy of metropolitan modernity and agrarian rural living, making the government’s mandate complex.
KwaZulu-Natal Government Bursaries 2023
Kwazulu-Natal is awarding bursaries to students who are interested to pursue an undergraduate qualification within various fields of study.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the KwaZulu-Natal province.
Please be advised that the funds dedicated to this bursary program are limited, thus, only a number of applications will be approved. The bursary is exclusively for full-time study at a public institution. It covers the entire tuition fees, meals or stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks.
Bursary recipients are required to work for the relevant Provincial Department for a number of years equivalent to the duration of their period of study.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to be considered for the bursary, applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizen
- Residing in KwaZulu-Natal province
- Accepted at a public institution of higher learning.
Preference will be given to applicants who will pursue studies at public institutions within the KwaZulu-Natal province.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested students can download the Kwazulu-Natal Government Bursary Application form from here:
Read Also: University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
Completed forms must be submitted along with certified copies of the following supporting documents:
- ID documents of the applicant and their parent(s) or guardian
- Poff o residence in KwaZulu-Natal
- Matric certificate or current statement results if already studying
- Proof of income of either parents or guardians (payslip, pension receipt, or bank statement)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from the institution of higher learning
- Proof of unemployment is issued by the Department of Labour if both parents and guardians are unemployed.
- Motivational letter, explaining your personal circumstance and why you deserve to be awarded a bursary.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Busi.firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “KZN Government Bursary 2023” in the email subject line)
Correspondence is limited to successful candidates. If you do not receive a response within 1 month of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
31 March 2023
For further queries related to this bursary program, please contact the appropriate KwaZulu-Natal Government department directly: