NSFAS opened applications for bursaries on 28 September 2022. Before applying, it’s good to know exactly which documents will be required when you apply. In this article, you will see the list of Documents you need for your NSFAS 2023 Application.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (Nsfas) may need additional information from you to process your application, in the form of supporting documents. When providing these required documents, ensure that you have all the relevant information.
Nsfas provides funding to students studying at one of South Africa’s public Universities and TVET Colleges, who come from poor and working class backgrounds. The Nsfas bursary covers more than just your tuition fees with allowances given for transport, accommodation and other student needs.
You will need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
- Your own cellphone number and email address.
- A copy of your ID or birth certificate.
- ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse (or death certificate where applicable).
- Marriage certificate (where applicable).
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable).
- Your parents, guardian or spouse’s proof of income; if you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required.
- A court order (where applicable).
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form.
- An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
Students must upload the necessary documents as directed by the platform. Keep in mind that no affidavits will be accepted.
Read More About NSFAS:
- How to Create myNSFAS Account | NSFAS Account Opening Guide
- NSFAS Login – MyNSFAS Student Login
- How To Check If Your 2023 NSFAS Application is Approved
The application system might ask for supporting documents if the information provided does not correlate with third party information.
Nsfas applicants will be able to pause the process and continue at a later stage without restarting from scratch.
Applications for Nsfas bursaries can also be submitted through the NSFAS mobile App, USSD line and WhatsApp.
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.