Our Technology practice uses our people and our technology to help clients identify, collect, analyse, and review electronic data to locate key evidence, as well as to deliver insights from data.
Our team of over 500 professionals around the world includes digital forensic specialists, e-discovery experts, software developers and data analysts. They are industry leaders and have been involved in some of the largest matters of the past decade, which means they have the experience to help clients whatever their challenges.
What You Will Do
You will be cross trained in various areas of the Technology practice and will assist on all phases of delivering client engagements.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. In particular:
- Liaise with your team regarding client requests
- Assist with the planning and execution of electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around South Africa and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and analyse data from a variety of electronic evidence sources, such as mobile devices, computers and storage media.
- Assist with day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Perform forensic analysis and reporting for a wide range of digital devices under supervision of senior staff
- Working on Information Governance Privacy Security engagements, including matters related to global data protection compliance
- Research and develop custom solutions as required on a case-by-case basis
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel, possible at very short notice, as required to ensure effective management of case activities.
What We Offer You
You will be trained in delivering a range of digital forensics and related services to clients. You will experience a broad range of clients, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments.
You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across all FTI Technology’s service areas. Your performance coach will support you in gaining exposure and working towards obtaining industry-recognised qualifications.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients’ offices in the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Requirements for the Graduate Training Program
- Relevant undergraduate degree at a minimum (Computer Science, Data Science, Commerce (IS), Business Science (IS) or similar)
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role
- Familiarity with a broad range of computer and server hardware, operating systems, software and metadata
- Knowledge and understanding of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL or relational database environment
- Flexible with working hours and the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
The below are desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of eDiscovery solutions and platforms
- Knowledge of forensic imaging and analysis tools such as EnCase, Nuix, MOBILEdit, Cellebrite or AccessData
- Familiarity with email servers (e.g. Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes) and cloud-based services and solutions.
- Knowledge of programming or scripting (Python, Java, C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell)