On this page, you will read detailed information about Funding Eligibility NSFAS Status Meaning, how to check NSFAS status and how to appeal.
This is the time when most students will be looking for their statuses on the myNSFAS portal as learning is about to commence in institutions of higher education. Should you happen to receive the ‘Funding Eligibility’ status, here’s what it means and how you can appeal.
Once you’ve submitted your NSFAS application, you’re going to need to check your application status. One NSFAS status you might see is ‘Funding Eligibility‘.
Table Of Contents
Funding Eligibility NSFAS Status Meaning
Should your status read ‘Funding Eligibility’, this means that NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
There’s no timeframe when it comes to when your NSFAS status changes and how long it will take for your application to be processed.
Students are advised to continue monitoring their application status on the myNSFAS portal.
How to Appeal Funding Eligibility NSFAS Status
Here is how to appeal Funding Eligibility NSFAS Status:
- Log into your MyNSFAS account by https://my.nsfas.org.za/Application/selfservice.jsp
- Click the Track Funding Progress option.
- Check the application progress tabs.
- If your application status reflects that it is unsuccessful, then you may submit an appeal by clicking on the Submit Appeal tab.
- Once you are on the Application Appeal page, you’ll be able to see the reason for your unsuccessful application status.
- Write a motivational letter stating the reasons why you are appealing your application status.
- Your motivational letter must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces).
- Upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. A maximum of 5 documents.
- Click Submit Appeal.
- You will be able to track the progress of your appeal via your MyNSFAS account
How Do I Check my NSFAS Status?
- Log in to the MyNSFAS student portal at the official NSFAS website.
- Input your username, password, and click on SIGN IN.
- Search for Track Funding Progress and click on it.
NSFAS bursaries cover more than just your tuition fees. NSFAS will also cover your registration, accommodation, transport, books and other student needs.