Applications for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme are now open. This bursary is geared towards those wishing to study teaching.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme applications are now open for 2022. The Funza Lushaka Bursary takes care of all the university costs so that you can pursue your studies without any financial burden.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme which promotes teaching as a profession. The bursaries are provided to students who may complete a teaching qualification in an area recognised as priority.
In order to qualify for the bursary you need to be studying or wish to study a Bachelor of Education (BEd) or a Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) at a public university.
They cover the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation including meals
- Books and learning materials
- A possible small allowance for monthly living expenses
In order to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- learners, currently in Grade 12;
- graduates who want to complete a teaching qualification (enroll for a PGCE);
- people who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- unemployed people who want to become teachers.
How To Apply To Funza Lushaka Bursary
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2022 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Those students doing online, distance and part-time studies also qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary, granted they meet all the other eligibility criteria.
The bursary is awarded for one academic year at a time, and upon proof of academic success, the bursary may consider continuing each year until the beneficiary of the bursary has qualified as a teacher.
However, the student is required to apply for the renewal of the bursary every year.
For more information on the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme, click here.