Gov Payroll Registered R350 SRD Status | What You Must Do

In this article, you will see What You Must Do About the Gov Payroll Registered R350 SRD Status. Read details below.


Last year, the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) revealed that more than 5000 government workers applied for the R350 grant.

The Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant was introduced to assist individuals between the ages of 18 years-old and 59 years-old during the Covid-19 pandemic. More than 14 million people applied for the SRD grant.

Gov Payroll Registered R350 SRD Status


However, many who applied for the grant had their applications rejected by Sassa. One of these rejection messages is ‘gov_payrol_registed’. This means that you are currently employed by a government department.

One of the eligibility requirements for the SRD grant is unemployment. If you are employed, you cannot receive the SRD grant.

If you believe that Sassa were wrong in their determination that you are undeserving of the SRD grant, you can appeal.


How to Appeal Gov Payroll Registered SRD Status

Visit the SRD Website:

Step 1: Find the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ tab.

Step 2: Click on where it says ‘click here to apply for reconsideration’.


Step 3: You will be asked to provide your ID number and mobile number.

Step 4: Follow the prompts to complete the reconsideration of your payment.

Sassa promised that government workers, who undeservedly benefited from the SRD grant aimed at assisting the most variable members of our society, will not return to work.

Read Also:
How to Appeal R350 Grant Rejection | A Step-By-Step Guide

See more updates about SASSA R350 Grant here on

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *