In this article, you will learn how to Appeal R350 Grant rejection, find out what you need to do If your SRD Grant Application is Declined.
SASSA gives applicants another go at the R350 grant if their applications were denied for a reason that they believe is not fair. This is done through an appeal process.
The new appeal process for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress grant has been released. Those who were unsuccessful in their application for the grant are urged to read the following rules about the appeals process:
- Applicants are required to lodge an appeal within 90 days of receiving the declined application status. The appeal will need to be done via the electronic platform.
- The Minister will need to appoint employees as members of the Independent Tribunal to consider and decide on the appeals regarding the Covid-19 SRD grant.
- When lodging an appeal, the applicant may not submit any evidence or information which was not provided to Sassa at the time of the application.
- The Independent Tribunal should consider the appeal by reassessing the decision of the Agency against the available information at its disposal and has the powers to either confirm or set aside the decision of the Agency.
- The Independent Tribunal should finalise the appeal within 90 days from the date on which the appeal was received and should inform the applicant by electronic communication of the decision and reasons thereof.
- No appeal will be considered by the Independent Tribunal, if not submitted within the period of 90 days.
How to Appeal R350 Grant Rejection
If you have applied for the R350 SRD grant and your application was rejected or declined, follow the steps below in order to have your grant application reconsidered.
Visit the SRD Website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
Step 1: Find the Logding An Appeal. (Check the Screenshot Below for details)
Step 2: Click on where it says ‘DSD appeals Website’.
Step 3: Read the information on the page carefully and scroll down to click on Click Here to Lodge an Appeal or Check an Appeal Status ( Check the Screenshot below for details)
Step 4: You will be asked to provide your ID number and Mobile number.
Step 5: Follow the prompts to complete the Appeal of Your R350 Grant.
Please Note: You only have 30 days from the date of rejection to lodge your appeal.
How to track SRD grant appeal?
Step 1: Go to the SRD Grant website
Step 2: Scroll down to ‘Click here to apply online or check reconsideration status‘
Step 3: Click on the yellow bar
Step 4: Fill in the required fields
Step 5: You will now be able to view your application status
Applications for the second cycle of covid-19 relief grants are still available. To learn how to apply click here.
To qualify for the SRD grant, you must…
- Be South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Be unemployed
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Be between the ages of 18 and 60
You will not be eligible to receive the SRD grand if you are a beneficiary of a different grant.