In the digital age that we are currently in, applying for jobs online has become more and more common and much more convenient. The following is a guideline for adopting this digital mindset and applying for jobs online.
As the world continues to adapt to the digital age, especially with the added difficulty that has come with the Covid-19 pandemic, performing tasks and even working exclusively online has become much more common in the modern day.
Read Also: 9 Tips for Being Successful With a Third Class Degree
How To Apply For Jobs Using Email
Where before, people would have to mail physical copies of their resumes to potential employers, now that can be done with a simple click of a button via email. Here is a set of guidelines to be followed when attempting to craft a job application via email:
- First and foremost, ensure that the email address of whomever you want to receive the email is added and that whomever else is meant to receive the email is appropriately CC’d.
- Add an appropriate subject heading that reflects what position you are applying for and your name.
- Remember to approach the email with the most formal as possible.
- Start your greetings by addressing whomever the email is being specifically addressed to, i.e. “Dear Recruitment Manager” or “Dear HR Manager”, depending on who is going to be receiving the email. Otherwise, if you are unable to acknowledge someone specific, say “To whom it may concern”.
- The first paragraph is dedicated to mentioning why you are sending the email and how you may have heard about the job opening, whether through word of mouth or through an official advertisement.
- The next few paragraphs are dedicated to selling yourself for the role. Mention what may set you apart from other candidates who may be applying for this position. Mention your past work experience, your strengths and how they may aid you in the position, past achievements that may prove relevant to the position, and so on.
- In the final paragraph, take the opportunity to thank the recipient for taking your application into consideration and direct them to where all relevant documents may be attached.
- Sign your name at the bottom of the email along with a pleasant, formal salutation such as, “Kind Regards”, “Yours Sincerely”, “Best Wishes”, etc.
- Finally, attached at the end of the email, there must be a pdf/Word copy of your CV/Resume, Cover letter, and whatever else may be required of you to send through as part of your application.
Read Also: How to Prepare for A Job Interview | 10 Job Interview Secrets
Examples Of Email Jobs Applications
Subject: Assistant Communications Director – Joseph Albert
Dear Hiring Manager:
Your job posting on Demzyportal.com for an Assistant Communications Director piqued my interest. Your description of the work responsibilities for the Assistant Director role closely matches my experience, and so I am excited to submit my resume to you for your consideration.
In my position as an Assistant Communications Director for ABC Company, I wrote articles for the company website, edited and posted contributed articles, managed their social media presence, and wrote and sent out a weekly email newsletter to subscribers. I also implemented an automated email tool that grew the company’s subscriber base by 40% within six months.
While Assistant Communications Director for Assemblyperson Janet Brown, I researched, drafted, and amended legislation, wrote press releases, and was responsible for office communications and correspondence.
My resume is attached. If I can provide you with any further information on my background and qualifications, please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your consideration.
How to Get Your Email Noticed
INCLUDE THE DETAILS:Be sure to include your name and the job for which you’re applying in the subject line of the message.
SHOW WHY YOU SHOULD GET AN INTERVIEW:Take the time to show the hiring manager how and why you’re a well-qualified candidate for the job.
ADD A SIGNATURE:Add a signature to your email, including your phone number, email address, and LinkedIn URL, so it’s easy for the employer to get in touch.
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.