Nine years ago, the Durban University of Technology launched DUT4life, an online collaboration suite for students. DUT4life has since become the official communication medium within the student community, and it has a number of benefits for DUT students.
Through the DUT4life suite, students are to able communicate with fellow students and everyone in the institution, this also includes sharing content, storing, and emailing it.
This suite includes the following:
- 10 GB Mailbox
- 25 GB Skydrive (space on the internet to store your documents, pictures, etc.)
- Instant Messaging capabilities (text & Video)
- On-line access to Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & OneNote)
- The secure sharing of documents.
For students to log into the DUT4life suite, they must log on to their system using an ID.
To get started, click here.
- Sign in using either your student email address, phone number, or Skype account – that is your ID, and then click next.
- Then insert your password on the empty field, then click on sign in.
- A pop-up will prompt you with whether to reduce the number of times you’re asked to sign in on a particular device, then you’re required to choose yes or no as your answer.
It is said that this system supports mobile devices too.
In a statement, the university of technology said:
All a student needs is a browser (independent of operating system e.g. IE, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome) and an internet connection.
If a student has their own personal computer, then there are clients available for each product in the suite.
According to DUT, students will continue to have access to this system even after exiting the university – enabling them to stay in touch with classmates.
Check out DUT Prospectus – PDF Download
Demzyportal Category: Student Portal