If you need to rewrite your matric, there’s an opportunity for you to write in the May/June 2022 examinations. However, there are different dates for face-to-face and online applications.
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has made an announcement that registrations for matric rewrites close today, 11 February 2022 at education district offices. On the other hand, online registrations close on 13 February 2022.
For a list of education district offices and relevant contact details, click here.
DBE established the Second Chance Matric Programme to provide support to learners who want to rewrite matric.
This programme helps them meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Senior Certificate (SC) and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate.
How to Register for Matric Rewrite
- Individuals may visit any provincial education office to register (which includes the provincial head office, the district office, or a circuit office).
- Carry certified copies of the required documents.
- Receive the relevant to fill out at the venue.
- The department has its employees who are based at their offices to assist applicants.
- Firstly, visit www.eservices.gov.za to register to rewrite matric subjects.
- Register on the e-Services government website to create your profile.
- On the e-services dashboard, click on Matric Services.
- You will then have four options to choose from, click on the last tab titled Registrations.
- Before you proceed, you will receive a One-Time Pin (OTP) either on your phone or email, depending on the channel that you choose between the two.
- After receiving your OTP, type it out on the empty field on the e-Services website and click on submit.
- Fill out all of your personal details and accept Terms and Conditions.
Applicants have been advised not to share their personal details and to also make sure that they log out when they are done with the registration.