Prospective students who wish to study at Nelson Mandela University in 2023 are invited to apply for a certificate, diploma or degree qualification using our online application system. Apply online now!
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) has opened their applications for the 2023 academic year. Apply now!
NMU is today a sought-after educational destination and the most diverse university in South Africa. NMU brings together practical and higher education, as students can study towards diplomas and degrees up to and including doctoral level, and a number of courses include workplace experience as part of the curriculum.
Table Of Contents
How to apply
Decided what you want to study? Meet the requirements? Right, now you can apply. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety which can be found here
- If you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
2023 Application Closing Dates
- 31 May 2022 for MBChB applicants with the NBT (if applicable) to be written by no later than 31 July 2022.
- 30 June 2022 for Bachelor of Radiography (Diagnostic) applications.
- 4 August 2022 for early applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2022 for late applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2022 for international student applications (excluding MBChB)
- 30 September 2022 International student applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
Nelson Mandela University has more than 500 study programmes in seven excellent faculties that help their students achieve academic excellence. They are well-known for art and design, building, chartered accounting, engineering, health and environmental sciences, and information technology.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering, The Built Environment and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Bird Street Campus
- George Campus
- Missionvale Campus
- North Campus
- Second Avenue Campus
- South Campus
- Ocean Sciences Campus
Final acceptance is dependent on your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Click here if you want to track your application status or confirm an offer.