In this article, you will see a guide on how to apply to NSC Supplementary Examinations which is coming up in June 2023. The National Senior Certificate (NSC) Supplementary examinations are a fantastic way to pass your exams and receive your Matric certificate without having to repeat your full Matric year.
What qualifies you to write an NCE exam?
The June 2023 NSC examination is open to ONLY NSC Part-time Repeater candidates who:
- registered and/or wrote the November 2022 NSC examination
- wrote the NSC Examination from 2008 – 2022.
- have a valid SBA mark for the subject they are writing.
- wants to rewrite subjects they wrote in a previous NSC exam
For the 2022 matric result, registration for the NSC Exams will start from 20 January 2023 – 8 February 2023.
How to Register For the National Senior Certificate Exam 2023
The steps to register for the NSC exams are stated below.
- You must complete the registration form in full.
- Hand in your completed form at your local district office or WCED walk-in centre; or
- Scan and email your completed form to: Exam.Registrations@westerncape.gov.za.
NSC Exam Registration Requirement
- A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates) must be attached to this registration form – an Affidavit if these documents are not available.
- Part-time repeater candidates must attach a copy of the statement of results of their previous NSC examination sittings.
- All personal information of candidates will be dealt with in accordance with and in full compliance with the POPI Act.
Application forms will be available from 20 January 2023:
- at schools where the candidate collects November 2022 examination results;
- from your nearest district office; and
- downloaded and printed from the WCED website.
There are NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS for the 2023 NSC Examination.