If you are a SASSA grant recipient then you may be interested to know when you will be receiving your grant payment. In this article, you will see the Sassa Payment Date For the Rest Of 2022.
Kindly Read the details below.
The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) distributes grants and allowances to disadvantaged individuals in the country who require financial assistance. These include grants for children, the older persons grants, disability grants and the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant.
Beneficiaries can receive their Sassa grant payments through their Sassa card, through CashSend or directly into their bank account.
Payments can be collected at selected supermarkets such as Pick n Pay, Boxer, Shoprite, Checkers or USave merchants.
Here are the grant payment dates for the rest of 2022:
- Older person’s grant: Monday 3 October – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Disability grant: Tuesday 4 October – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Rest of the Sassa grants: Wednesday 5 October
- Older person’s grant: Wednesday 2 November – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Disability grant: Thursday 3 November – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Rest of the Sassa grants: Friday 4 November
- Older person’s grant: Thursday 1 December – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Disability grant: Friday 2 December – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Rest of the Sassa grants: Monday 5 December
Only qualifying beneficiaries will receive the social grant payouts every month.
It is also important to note that these payment dates are not fixed and could change. Beneficiaries can view the updated payment dates on the SRD grant website.
During his budget speech earlier this year Finance Minister, Enoch Godongwana announced social grants will increase in October.
The Disability Grant is due to increase R1 990 in October. The War Veterans Grant is due to increase to R2 010 in October.
The Old Age Grant increased to R1 980 (in April) and then will increase to R1 990 (in October). For people older than 75 years the grant increased by 5.2% to R2 000 (in April) and then to R2 010 (in October). These amounts haven’t been confirmed yet by Sassa.
As for the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, it has a separate payment schedule to the usual Sassa grants. The dates listed are arranged according to the last three digits of a beneficiary’s ID number.