SASSA reconsideration system is an automatic way for those applicants who have been declined for the SRD R350 to appeal.
In the previous SRD R350 grants application, declined applicants had to send appeal applications to an email address firstname.lastname@example.org, but looking at the tedious work for checking thousands of emails individually.
SASSA then added a reconsideration module to its online registration platform where applicants can appeal without sending any email.
Some of the reasons where applicants can appeal using the website are : uif registered, alternative income source Identified, nsfas registered, debtor, receiving other grants etc.
Note must be taken that when the reason for the decline is ‘identity verification failed’ which literally means the submitted names of the applicant is incorrect one way or the other, you cannot use the reconsideration module to request an appeal.
There is a place on the website srd.sassa.gov.za where those with identity issues can update their Surname and Full name online.
Requesting Reconsideration for decline applicants for SRD R350 Grant
If you are declined for SASSA SRD R350, we assume that you are declined for instance “alternative income source Identified”, which basically is the reason for the decline.
We are going to take you true the steps to apply for reconsideration.
Below are the steps to take to appeal or submit reconsideration application.
- Go to the site https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/reconsideration. It takes you straight to the reconsideration page.
- Here you are to provide ID number and the phone number used to submit the application.
- There is button labeled ‘send pin’ click on it,
- You will receive an SMS notification containing a pin code enter the exact code received into field provided and submit.
- Now, choose the month you wish to apply for reconsideration, which obviously will be August 2021.
- In the drop down menu, you see current status which is clearly declined. Then reason for the decline, which in our case is alternative income source Identified, but other reasons may be declined as well. Your reason for decline will be shown at this section too.
- The last stage is to choose the reason for the reconsideration, which must match with the reason for the decline. For instance, if an applicant is declined for “UIF registered” he cannot choose ‘no income source’ as the reason for reconsideration but should rather choose ‘no uif registered’.
- So depending on the reason for the decline, that will determine the reason for the reconsideration.
- The reason for reconsideration are preloaded into the system already, so the applicant does not need to enter anything again.
- Then submit the application. Your status will now be pending as SASSA will have to once again review the application.
- Sources unconfirmed indicates that it can take two weeks for the reconsideration application to be considered.
- You need to be patient as SASSA looks at your reconsideration.
Latest News Updates
- SASSA Status Check For SRD R350 Payment Dates for December 2021
- How To Check SASSA Balance: Complete Online Guide
- SASSA SRD Status Check – A Step-By-Step Guide
Leave your comments or feedback below👇🏻.
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.
My application is declined because of uif my uif is finished
My application is declined reason uif and I never worked anywhere
You can appeal Sassa’s decision.
My application is declined because of uif and I never worked anywhere it’s being 9 months now
My Application is declined since grand started because of uif and I never worked anywhere 1 have 19 months full
am unable to view my reconsideration status there is no yellow button
My application decline because of uif and I have never worked since 2017 now it’s being 5 years I’m unemployed
My application was declined because of source of alternative income n uif .I never worked anywhere it’s been 9 months now
What must I do because even uif they decline me ,I must apply to go jail because there is free food?
My application declined because they say i have source of income a while i never worked or have money that come from me
My application is decline because I help people to transfer their money into my account
Everytime after I applied am being approved and payday but after that am declined the reason is alternative income.no money In the account and am not working?
You need to appeal Sassa Rejection. this is what you need to about Alternative Income Source and how to appeal.
Everytime I get declined because n I never worked anywhere
I’ve been declined since December 2021 – March 2022,reason being out of age range being a pensioner although I only turned 60 end of December and received 1st pension 3 April 2022.
Plz advise if I can apply for reconsideration
My application declined for october 2022
Reason alternative income not true
Thank you. form April reconsideration do you have a website
Thera MY APlication always declined i dont know every time sauce of income but its not true
I was declined from last May till October 2022.May 2023 also, because about a month ago someone use my bank account. Now I’ve got declined again. I lost my sim now I can’t do appeal on the lost sim and it will not accept my new number. Can you please help me.