Can I Claim My R350 Grant If I Receive Other Grants?

The Social Relief of Distress (SRD), also known as the R350 grant is recognized as a crucial support mechanism that assists more than 10 million South Africans monthly.


Can I Claim My R350 Grant If I Receive Other Grants

The SRD R350 grant is just one of many grants offered by the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa). These grants include the Older Persons Grant, Disability Grant, and Child Support Grant. 



But can you receive the SRD R350 grant and an additional grant from Sassa? 


The only grant you may receive in addition to the SRD R350 is the child support grant. The scope of the R350 was extended to include unemployed individuals who receive the child support grant on behalf of the child.  



Sassa says that the main reason for the child support grant, apart from maintaining the health of the child, is also to ensure the child attends and completes their schooling.


The various grants offered by Sassa cater to different portions of the South African public. The grant you receive is based on your circumstances. 



If you receive a Sassa grant that is not a child support grant and try to apply for the R350 grant, your application will be rejected. You will receive a rejection status that reads “Existing_sassa_grant”. 

Read Also:

How To Fill Out A PDF Form Online

How to Check SASSA R350 Grant Status | A Step-By-Step Guide

How to Appeal R350 Grant Rejection | A Step-By-Step Guide

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *