This is an Internal Audit Internship which is a two-year contract which follows the IAT structured training programme. The successful applicant will join the team of Internal Auditors.
- Documenting client processes and procedures for audit understanding
- Overall performance of audit procedures which include risk identification and assessment, developing audit programmes, conducting fieldwork and developing audit findings in line with internal audit methodology.
- Attend and conduct client meetings and liaise with clients continuously during the audit.
- Complete assigned audit work within the allocated budget.
- Conduct research on specific areas relevant to internal audit.
- Manage own productivity deliverables in a timely and efficient manner ensuring that deliverables are submitted on time and in a satisfactory manner.
- Key Measurements
- The understanding of the Internal Audit process
- Application of the learning interventions that have been put forward
- Participation in Audit Meetings
- Meeting of allocated audit deadlines
- A BCom Degree or any relevant degree in Internal Auditing.
- Studying towards an Honours degree will be an advantage.
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS-Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Learning ability and willingness to learn
- Able to present a theme in writing in an ordered, intelligible manner with well-structured and relevant supporting detail.
- Able to understand topic switches and use the vocabulary of attitude.
- Reasonably fluent in speaking.
- Designs / customizes reports to meet user needs.
- Prepares complex or tailored reports, gathers information from a variety of sources, analyses and includes in a report.
- Keeps standard reports under review and proposes improvements to meet user needs.
- Consistently uses relevant office software products such as word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email packages to an acceptable standard for the job.
- Has the ability to use standard and/or program-specific the organisation databases, and merge / import data from one program to another.
- Adapts method of working to accommodate changes in the technological developments.
Planning and Organising
- Plans and manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Uses effectively advance time management processes to deal with high workloads and tight deadlines.
- Organises, prioritises, and schedules tasks so they can be performed within budget and with the efficient use of time and resources.
- Achieves goals in a timely manner, despite obstacles encountered, by organising, reprioritising, and re-planning
- Identifies optimal solutions based on weighing the advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches.
- After implementation, evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
- Makes sound financial decisions after having analysed their impacts on the organisation, partner agencies, and community.
- Knows the internal and external factors that impact on resource and asset availability.
- Is able to interpret management account reports in an operational/commercial context and take action as appropriate to maximize revenues and control costs.
- Skilled in the use of various financial modelling tools and techniques.
Reviews all relevant information or aspects of a situation before taking action or making a decision.
Pays close attention to details that are important to others to make sure they are right.
Verifies that work has been completed according to the standards and procedures.
- Delivers work on time and quality and follows through on agreed commitments.
- Views new work experiences as an opportunity for growth.
- Reacts immediately to overcome setbacks or/and obstacles in order to meet goals.
- Recognises and acts upon current opportunities.
Attention to Detail
- Double-checks the accuracy of information or work.
- Ensures that the work produced doesn’t contain any errors.
Customer Service Orientation
- Makes self fully available, especially when the customer is going through a critical period.
- Requests ongoing feedback from customers and takes action in response to it; manages to retain and capitalize on existing customers.
- Takes the “extra step” to resolve customer issues appropriately, even in the case where they do not fall under own area of responsibility.
- Is aware of the level of service offered by the competition and provides more for customers than they expect.
Self-Awareness & Self-Control
- Feels strong emotions in the course of a conversation or other task, such as anger, extreme frustration, or high stress.
- Holds the emotions back and continues to act calmly.
- Ignores angering actions and continues a conversation or task.
- May leave temporarily to withhold emotions, then return immediately to continue.
Teamwork & Cooperation
- Values and utilises the expertise of colleagues, asking for ideas and input and collaborates to form decisions and plans.
- Willingly learns from others.
Creates opportunities for knowledge and expertise sharing between all members of the team.