Unfortunately, not all applicants were approved for NSFAS funding. If you are one of those students and feel that you deserve funding, then submit the following documents with your NSFAS appeal.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) appeals system is currently open to all students whose applications were unsuccessful. Students are advised to lodge an appeal within 30 days of receiving an unsuccessful application status.
Table Of Contents
Documents Needed For NSFAS Appeal
Students will be required to submit all the necessary supporting documentation to substantiate their appeal. The following documents may be needed:
- Medical certificate
- Death certificate of an immediate family member
- Academic transcript
- Payslips or more depending on the reason for declined application status.
NSFAS advises students to submit relevant documents as proof of their circumstances.
Students are reminded that appeals that are supported by an affidavit will be rejected and applications without supporting documents will not be considered.
Any outstanding documentation related to the appeal must be submitted by the student within 14 days after which the appeal application will be closed automatically by NSFAS. This process places the responsibility on the student to submit an appeal with supporting evidence within the prescribed timelines.
Here is how to appeal your NSFAS application:
- Click here to visit the myNSFAS website.
- Log in to your myNSFAS account.
- Select the ‘Track Funding Progress’ option.
- Click on the ‘Submit Appeal’ tab.
- Once you are on the ‘Application Appeal’ page, you can see the reason for your unsuccessful application status.
- You are then able to motivate in writing the reasons for appealing your application status. Your motivation must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces).
- Upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. You may submit up to 5 documents.
- Click ‘Submit Appeal’.
Once you have appealed your application, you may track the progress of the appeal on your myNSFAS account.
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.