Teaching programmes are offered by many Higher Education Institutions in South Africa. If you’re looking to pursue a qualification in teaching, you might want to consider the Funza Lushaka Bursary to fund your studies.
As students and their parents look ahead to 2023, it is both an exciting and nerve-wracking time as they need to find ways to fund studies.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme is part of a national programme that was initiated to promote teaching as a career and usually covers tuition costs, housing, meals, books, and educational materials in addition to a monthly living expense stipend.
Applications for the Funza Lushaka 2023 Bursary will be accepted from October 1 and close on February 11, 2023.
Before applying for the bursary, students must be accepted by an institution that offers teaching programmes and applications can be submitted via the schemes online portal.
How To Complete The Online Application Form:
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information.
- Login to the system using username and password created when registering.
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme.
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2023 application button.
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information.
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured.
Students who are interested in obtaining a teaching qualification are encouraged to apply before the deadline in 2023 as late applications will not be accepted.