If you want to apply to the Funza Lushaka Bursary and you don’t know the Funza Lushaka Bursary Requirements And Selection Criteria check out the details in this article.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified Subject priority areas. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Requirements
Here’s the Funza Lushaka Bursary Requirements:
- If you are a learner, currently in Grade 12;
- Any graduate below the age of 30 who want to complete a teaching qualification or enrol for a PGCE;
- Anybody below the age of 30 who want to make a career change and become a teacher; and
- unemployed people below the age of 30 who want to become teachers.
Read Also: 7 Differences Between NSFAS and Funza Lushaka Bursaries
Funza Lushaka Bursary Selection Criteria
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme has criteria for selecting and awarding bursaries to applicant and here is The Funza Lushaka Bursary Selection Criteria:
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public University.
The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges with integrity.
Please note that you are responsible for paying your registration fee, while awaiting for the outcome of the bursary application.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Online Application
7 Differences Between NSFAS and Funza Lushaka Bursaries
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.