Helderberg College Admission Requirements and Helderberg College Registration Requirements: www.hbc.ac.za| Read the details of what you need to be admitted into the Helderberg College below.
The management of the Helderberg College Of Higher Education otherwise known as Helderberg College has released the requirements for everyone seeking admission into the School. In that case, Any Student applying for undergraduate, postgraduate, and Diploma Program must meet the requirements.
Table Of Contents
Helderberg College Admission Requirements
Below Is the Helderberg College Admission Requirements for South African:
- Have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) and be eligible to enrol for degree studies. If you completed your Matric before 2008, you should have a Senior Certificate with exemption.
- Then you will simply meet the admission requirements which are specific to your qualification in this Document
- Submit June results if you are currently in Grade 12.
- Complete the National Benchmark Test (NBT) before coming to the College. Please visit the NBT website. Otherwise, you can also do the test at the College during Orientation, if you do not complete it beforehand.
International Applicants must have:
You should have the appropriate school leaving / completion certificate from the relevant examination body in your home country (e.g. Angolan Ministry of Education, BEC, ECOL, MNEB, Mauritius Examinations Syndicate (in conjunction with University of Cambridge Examinations Syndicate), Namibian DNEA, ECOS, NECT, ECZ, ZIMSEC).
Take note that the medium of instruction at Helderberg College of Higher Education is English. English must, therefore, be one of the languages that you passed during High School.
Submit all documents which are relevant to the completion of your high school qualification to the Admissions Committee. Please see the list below:
- A copy of your passport and a photo
- Your high school / school-leaving certificate. If you are still in your final year of high school, please submit your latest examination results. Provide a certified English translation if your certificate is in another language.
- Transcript. Transfer students must attach a certified copy of the original official transcript. Provide certified English translations if applicable.
- TOEFL certificate (for international students who have not received their high school education in English)
- A letter of recommendation from the principal / teacher / lecturer from the last school you attended, or from your church pastor, or employer (if you are working)
If you have not completed your high school education in English, you may have to enrol at the English Language Institute (ELI) at Helderberg College of Higher Education for at least one year. Only once you have completed the Advanced Level and have passed a final language test at Helderberg College of Higher Education, will you be allowed to register for College study programmes.
On the other hand, you must have completed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 550 (paper-based test), or at least 213 (computer-based test) before you may proceed to Helderberg College of Higher Education. You can find details of the TOEFL examination times and locations from the TOEFL website (www.ets.org).
In certain cases, you may be asked to submit your school leaving certificate for evaluation by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Admissions Office will tell you if this is necessary. You can find forms and information on the SAQA website (www.saqa.org.za).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND PROGRAMME-SPECIFIC SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
In order to obtain a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC), a high-school learner must pass seven subjects, four of which are compulsory (two Languages, Life Orientation, and either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy). International students should have an appropriate school leaving certificate.
Please note that Helderberg College requires English to be one of the two compulsory languages since the medium of instruction at Helderberg College is English.
Related Article – Helderberg College Courses Offered
From the above article, you can access Helderberg College Admission Requirements, if the is any other additional information you need, please visit the school official website Or drop a comment below and Demzyportal Team would give you the additional information you want.