ISPA Bursary Applications for the 2022 academic year is now open, read the requirements and how to apply below.
As 2022 approaches at warp speed, students looking to study at a tertiary education institution should be applying for bursaries if they are in need of assistance and those looking to dive into the internet service provider or ICT space may want to take note of the ISPA Inspire programme.
The Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA) has opened applications for its ISPA Inspires bursary programme for 2022. Applications are open as of today and they close on 1st October.
“The inaugural ISPA Inspires Bursary programme was launched in 2020 and was a great success, receiving 288 qualifying applications. Two winners were selected following extensive examination of each application. We believe it is important to encourage and assist our young people to enter the ICT sector,” says chair of ISPA’s social development working group, Aurora Vani.
The first students awarded the ISPA Inspires bursary in 2021 were Jordy Kafwe Kioni and Fabian Brijlal who are studying a BSc (Computer Science) at UCT and UNISA respectively.
ISPA Bursary Requirements
As for qualifying criteria, ISPA says that the bursary programme is open to:
- South African citizens
- South Africans 35 years and younger
- Current or prospective undergraduate students enrolled for the 2022 academic year at a South African TVET college, university, registered private FET college or registered higher educational institution.
- Those enrolled or planning to enrol in a field of study related to ICT
The association states that the bursary is not available to postgraduate students or those who are already funded by a bursary.
“Previous experience in the information technology industry is not a prerequisite for applying. Priority will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals,” ISPA adds.
How to Apply To ISPA Bursary
To submit your application follow the steps below:
- Head on to ISPA Bursary Registration Portal
- Enter the following details
- A valid email address. All emails from the system will be sent to this address. The email address is not made public and will only be used if you wish to receive a new password or wish to receive certain news or notifications by email.
- First name
- Click on Create Account once you have filled the form completely.
- Log in to the website using your credentials and apply.
- Upload all the required documents before 30 December 2020.
- Enter the information required and provide your motivation for receiving an ISPA Inspires bursary
- Wait For feedback.
NOTE: ISPA will only use the information you provide using this system for the purpose of evaluating bursary applications.