The Mangosuthu University of Technology known colloquially as MUT is named after Mangosuthu Buthelezi (founder of the Inkatha Freedom Party) and is a multi-campus university located in Durban.
Table Of Contents
Faculties Offered At MUT
The University offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
Read the full list of MUT Courses Offered Here.
How To Apply
Step 1: Apply Online
Please note, MUT only accepts online applications. Make sure you apply online.
Prospective MUT students should apply through the Central Application Office (CAO). Once on the site, click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 2: Complete your Online Application form in full
Step 3: Attach all Supporting Documents.
South African applicants need to attach the following certified copies:
- National Senior Certificate
- Identity Document
- Students transferring from other universities should submit an original academic record and a certificate of good conduct.
International Students will need the following documents:
- A valid study permit
- Valid health insurance cover
- A valid passport
- GCE, GCSE, IGCSE or Cambridge School Certificate
Step 4: Apply for Student Residence.
View a detailed breakdown of MUT’s application process.
Below are the application fees for both International and SA Students:
- R200 for South African applicants
- R250 for International applicants
- R400 for late applications (South African applicants)
- R500 for late applications (International applicants)7
Contact Info And Website
For Admission-related contact:
Tel:031 907 7111
Need to find the institution?
511 Griffiths Mxenge Hwy, Umlazi, Durban, 4031
MUT On Social Media
You can follow Mangosuthu University of Technology on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook and get updates about the activities in the Institution, below are their social media Handles: