As the country heads into the festive season, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme has announced that it will also be taking some time off. Here’s when applicants will be able to visit NSFAS offices again.
The NSFAS offices will be closed from 15 December 2021 to 4 January, 2022. This means, applicants will not be able to visit NSFAS offices during this period.
The financial aid scheme said this would allow the NSFAS team to “get the necessary rejuvenation needed to start the new year on a great note”.
Those hoping to be funded by NSFAS have been reminded to apply before the closing date of 7 January 2022. All applications submitted will be processed and outcomes will be given to applicants who plan to study next year and submit their applications on time.
Below is the funding criteria that all applicants must meet:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- The person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
- NSFAS is a government bursary that funds students attending public universities and Technical Vocational and Educational Training (TVET) Colleges. Applications open annually for new applicants to apply for funding.
You will need to first register for a myNSFAS account here, before submitting your NSFAS online application.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen by providing the required information.
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable.
- Click on ‘Submit’
Time is ticking and you’ve only got less than 3 weeks left to apply for NSFAS if you hope to receive funding in the 2022 academic year.