Administrative registration is currently open at Rhodes University to returning and first-time students. Here is more on the registration progress at the university.
Online registration at Rhodes University began on 23 January 2023. Students are required to pay the initial fee and complete other requirements before they are allowed to complete a full administrative registration.
Before registering, students are required to:
- Accept residence allocation.
- Complete visa requirements (international students).
Returning students are also required to take part in curriculum approval before registering for their programme. Curriculum approval is done in two phases.
Phase one includes online curriculum approval for the following returning students:
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
Read Also: Rhodes University Student Portal Login
During online curriculum approval, students will need to log in to ROSS (student portal) and select subjects online. The curriculum will be approved if all subject choices are in order.
If the subject choices are declined, students will be provided with feedback and allowed to make further choices. However, Humanities students will need to attend face-to-face curriculum approval if their subject choices are declined.
Phase two includes face-to-face curriculum approval. This is available to all faculties who did not participate in phase one curriculum approval and students who did not receive curriculum approval during phase one.
Face-to-face curriculum approval takes place on Friday 10 February 2023. These returning students may visit the following buildings for curriculum approval:
- Education – BLT, Education Building from 09:00 to 16:00.
- Humanities – Barratt complex from 09:00 to 16:00 on Friday 10 February and 09:00 to 12:00 on Saturday 11 February.
- Science – Eden Grove Building from 14:00 to 16:00 on Friday 10 February and 09:00 to 12:00 on Saturday 11 February.
- Law – Law Department from 09:00 to 16:00 on Thursday 9 February and 09:00 to 16:00 on Friday 11 February.
- Commerce – Edden Grive Building from 14:00 to 16:00 on Friday 10 February and 09:00 to 13:00 on Saturday 11 February.
- Pharmacy – Pharmacy Department from 14:00 to 16:00 on Friday 10 February.
Curriculum approval closes on 24 February 2023. Which is two weeks after the start of Term 1.
In order to register administratively, students will need the following:
South African students:
- Registration fee clearance (all students).
- Passport with a study visa valid for the whole year.
- Proof of medical aid cover offered or recognised by the University.
- These documents should be emailed to email@example.com before administrative registration is cleared.
Late registration is available to students until 24 February. However, all students whose courses begin on Monday 13 February 2023 will be charged a late registration fee if they have not administratively registered and completed curriculum approval by 12:00 on Saturday 11 February 2023.
The fee may only be waived in exceptional circumstances. Requests for a fee waiver, together with supporting documentation, should be addressed to the Manager of Academic Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.