As a new round of payments gets distributed, some Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant recipients will not receive their money
The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) is now advising applicants who chose the cash send option to change their method of payment.
Sassa has asked SRD grant recipients to change from the cash send option and choose the option to collect your grant at the post office or have the money paid into your bank account.
The agency said, ‘The cash send opinion is not yet available, as it is offered by the banks and Sassa is still finalising contracting with the banks.’
Dianne Dunkerley, Executive Manager of Grants Admissions adds that previous contracts with the banks who provide the cash send option have expired. Therefore, the current delay is being caused by Sassa having to put new contracts in place.
She said, “This whole process has, unfortunately, delayed the contracting significantly”.
Dunkerly says SMSes were sent to these clients asking them to upload their banking details. She added that if clients fail to do this, their money will be paid through the post office as a last resort option.
It’s important to provide Sassa with your own banking details. This as the agency will not pay SRD grants into other people’s bank accounts. Your banking account must also be active.
CHANGE SASSA SRD GRANT PAYMENT FROM POST OFFICE TO BANK ACCOUNT
SASSA wants to make sure it is the applicant who is actually changing the bank account, there are security measures put in place:
- Click on the link https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the bottom section where is a label “How do I change my banking details”
- Enter your 13 digits ID number used to apply and click the submit button.
- SASSA will send you a a unique web link to the cell phone number used during the SRD R350 Grant Application.
- Click on the link received and wait until that web page is fully loaded.
- It will ask you a few queries on the banking details of your account such as
- Bank Name
- Bank type
- Account Number
- Then if you are satisfied with the entries after making sure you accurately entered the account details and click on submit.
- SASSA will give you a notification indicating successful submission of bank account details.
- Please note that this one too works with when you you want switch from bank account to post office or ewallet(Cash Send).