Hi, are you a student at the University Of Free State (UFS) and finding it hard to pay your tuition fees? Then UFS Student Funding that includes both UFS Bursaries and Loan is here to assist you financially.
In this article, you will explore so many kinds of student funding including undergraduate, postgraduate, Masters, Doctorate UFS Student Funding bursaries, and the Student Loan.
Table Of Contents
UFS Student Funding: Bursaries 2021
Some of the bursaries available for students at UFS are listed below:
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
NSFAS does not fund the University Access Programmes (UAP), as it is a bridging programme. You must fund your own studies and apply the following year for mainstream studies if you have successfully passed your UAP year. NSFAS funding is ONLY applicable for the Higher Certificates presented via the UFS South Campus. Find out more info About NSFAS Here.
BSM Goldstein Bursary: below are the requirements for this bursary.
- Application form – The BSM HC Goldstein Bursary
- Students from their second year, any study field, with a minimum average of 70% can apply)
- New applications closing date: 31 August
- Renewed applications closing date: 31 December
- Application forms can be submitted to Juanita Buitendag, Room N101, George du Toit Building or emailed to [email protected]
Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural development (DALRRD)
Shoprite Bursary: Shoprite offers bursary to Students in the following Qualifications:
For more information on how to apply View this PDF.
Bursaries Awarded By The University Of Free State
Academic merit awards – An academic merit award is based on the achievement of a student in a particular course and is
associated with the tuition fees that are applicable to that course. The academic is available to different categories of students as listed below:
- Academic merit awards For First-Year Students – Learn more
- Academic merit awards For Senior Undergraduate Student – Learn More
- Academic merit awards For Postgraduates – Learn more
Bursaries for culture, art, and leadership: The university recognizes culture, art, and leadership achievements obtained in the matric year (Grade 12). The following achievements qualify:
NB: An M score of 32 or an admission point of 30 is a minimum requirement for these bursaries. Art Culture and Leadership bursary application form.
Application forms can be submitted to Juanita Buitendag, Room N101, George du Toit Building or emailed to [email protected]
Special merit bursaries for sport: Bursaries are awarded annually to sportsmen and sportswomen who contribute towards extending the proud record of Kovsies on the sports fields. Applications for these bursaries close on 30 November of the year preceding the year of study.
- Application form (Pdf – Afikaans and English)
National Research Foundation (NRF) Bursaries For Postgraduate Students
- Information regarding master’s and PhD degrees is available on the NRF website at www.nrf.ac.za
- Information on the Scholarships and Fellowships Programme is available on www.nrf.ac.za
- For enquiries, please contact the NRF Support Desk:
Mondays to Fridays from 08:00 to 16:30
T: +27 12 481 4202 | 27 12 481 4202
F: +27 12 481 4054
E: [email protected]
- Hard copies of the applications, including supporting documentation, should be handed to Ms P Motlhabane (+27 51 401 9635) at the Johannes Brill Building, Room 17.
Best wishes from Demzyportal.Com Team.