UKZN Admission Requirements 2023/2024 and UKZN Registration Requirements: www.ukzn.ac.za| Read the details of what you need to be admitted Into the University Of KwaZulu-Natal below.
The management of the University Of KwaZulu-Natal Otherwise Known as UKZN has released the necessary requirement for everyone seeking admission to the University. In that case, Any Student applying for undergraduate, postgraduate, Diploma, or Master’s Programs must meet the necessary requirement.
UKZN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
South African Applicants
For admission to undergraduate degree studies, applicants must be in possession of:
- Either the National Senior Certificate for degree studies (NSC-Deg); OR
- Senior Certificate with endorsement (obtained before 2008).
For admission to undergraduate diploma studies, applicants must possess:
- Either the National Senior Certificate for diploma studies (NSC-Dip); OR
- The Senior Certificate (obtained before 2008);
- In addition, as the medium of instruction at UKZN is English, a minimum of either is required:
- Level 4 pass in English as Home Language (HL) or First Additional Language (FAL) for NSC; OR
- A 50% (D) pass in English HG as First or Second Language for Senior Certificate.
- NSC applicants must have obtained a Level 4 pass in Life Orientation.
- In addition, programs at UKZN have set their own entrance requirements based on overall performance in final examinations as well as performance in required subjects.
- These are minimum requirements and programs may have higher requirements.
- The overall level of performance is reflected in an applicant’s Academic Performance Score (APS). • The subjects and levels of performance required for admission to specific programs are listed in the tables stated below.
- For Senior Certificates Please consult with Colleges for information on scores, calculation values, and subject passes required.
- Applicants with non-South African school-leaving certificates must apply to the South African Matriculation Board/Universities South Africa (USAF) for certification stating that the school qualifications they hold satisfy the basic legal requirements for entry into degree studies in South Africa.
- In addition to meeting the basic legal requirements, applicants must meet the entry requirements for specific programs; that is passes in certain subjects and passes obtained, for example, in HIGSCE, AS, or A levels.
- Only O-levels or IGSCEs are not acceptable. International applications will not be considered until USAF evaluations have been received.
- Consult the tables below for information on subject requirements.
College of Health Sciences Entry Requirements
College of Health Sciences
|Programme Name CAO Code Entry Requirements||APS Range||Duration|
|Bachelor of Audiology||KN-W-BPA||NSC-Deg with Engl and LO 4 and Maths and Life Sci or Phy Sci 3 (Choices 1 to 3 only)||48-30||4 yrs|
|Bachelor of Speech-Language Therapy||KN-W-BPB|
|B Dental Therapy||KN-W-BDT||NSC Deg with Engl and LO 4 and Life Sci and Maths 3 (Choices 1 to 3 only)||3 yrs|
|B Medical Science Anatomy||KN-W-MBS||NSC-Deg with Engl, LO 4, Life Sci, Maths, and Phys Sci 4 (Choice 1, 2, and 3 will be prioritized)||48-30||3 yrs|
|B Medical Science Physiology||KN-W-SBF|
|B Occupational Therapy||KN-W-BOT||NSC-Deg with Engl and LO 4 and Maths 3 and Life Sci or Phys Sci 3 (Choices 1 to 3 only)||4 yrs|
|B Optometry||KN-W-BOP||NSC-Deg with Engl, LO, Maths and Life Sci or Phys Sci 4 (Choices 1 to 3 only)||48-33||4 yrs|
|B Oral Hygiene||KN-W-BON||NSC Deg with Engl and LO 4 and Life Sci and Maths 3 (Choices 1-3 only)||48-30||3 yrs|
College of Humanities Entry Requirements
|College of Humanities|
|Programme Name CAO Code||Entry Requirements||APS Duration Range|
|BEd (Foundation Phase)||KN-E-BFP||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO L4, isiZulu L4, L4 (50-59%) in Mathematical Literacy or a rating of 3 (40-49%) in Mathematics||48-28||4 yrs|
|BEd (Intermediate Phase)||KN-E-BSP||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO L4, Level 5 in any two of Math, Math Lit, Technology, Life Science, Physical Science|
|BEd (Senior Phase/ Further Education & Training)||KN-E-BSP/ FET||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO L4, L5 in any two NSC subjects pertaining to the package selected|
|BA (General Studies)||KN-H-BA2 KN-P-BA2||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO 4 and one of Bus Stud, Cons Stud, Dram Arts, Econ, Geog, Hist, Info Tech, Life Sci, Maths/Maths Lit, Music, Religion Stud, Vis Arts, any lang HL/FAL 5. Auditions required for music programs||3 yrs|
|BA Cultural & Heritage Tourism||KN-H-ABT|
|B Soc Sc (General Studies)||KN-H-SO2 KN-P-SO2||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO 4 and one of: Bus Stud, Cons Stud, Dram Arts, Econ, Geog, Hist, Info Tech, Life Sci, Maths/Maths Lit, Music, Religion Stud, Vis Arts, any lang HL/FAL 5. Auditions required for music programmes||48-28|
|B Soc Sc Geography & Environmental Management||KN-H-SGE KN-P-SGE|
|B SocSc (Housing)||KN-H-SOR||NSC-Deg with Eng and, Maths L4||48-28|
|B Architectural Studies||KN-H-BAR||NSC-Deg with Maths 5, Eng and LO 4 and one of: Bus Stud, Cons Stud, Drama Arts, Econ, Geo, His, Info Tech, Life Sci, Music, Religion Stud, Vis Arts, any kang HL/FAL 5. Deserving applicants will be requested to submit a portfolio of creative work, write an essay and complete a questionnaire||48-30|
|B Social Work||KN-H-BSX||NSC-Deg with Eng and LO 4 and one of: Bus Stud, Cons Stud, Drama Arts, Econ, Geo, Hist, Info Tech, Life Sci, Maths/Maths Lit, Music, Religion Stud, Vis Arts, any lang HL/FAL 5||48-28||4 yrs|
College of Law and Management Studies
|College of Law and Management Studies|
|Programme Name CAO Code||Entry Requirements APS Range||Duration|
|Bachelor of Laws||KN-H-BL1 KN-P-BL1||NSC-Deg with Engl HL 5/FAL 6 & Maths 3/Maths Lit 5 & LO 4||48-32||4 yrs|
|Bachelor of Laws (p/t)||KN-H-BLZ KN-P-BLZ||6 yrs|
|Bachelor of Administration||KN-W-BAD||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO 4 & Maths 3||48-28||3 yrs|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||KN-W-BBA KN-P-BBA||NSC-Deg with Engl & LO 4 & Maths 3||48-26|
|Bachelor of Business Science in Economics||KN-W-B5E||NSC-Deg with Maths 6 & Engl & LO 4||48-33||4 yrs|
|Bachelor of Business Science in Finance||KN-W-B5F||NSC-Deg with Maths 6 & Engl & LO 4||48-33||4 yrs|
|Bachelor of Business Science in Investment Science||KN-W- B5I||NSC-Deg with Maths 6 & Engl & LO 4||48-33||4 yrs|
|B Com (General)||KN-P-BC1 KN-W-BC1||NSC-Deg with Engl, LO 4, Maths 4||48-30||3 yrs|
|B Com (Accounting)||KN-P-BCN KN-W-BCN||NSC-Deg with Maths 5 & Engl & LO 4||48-32|
|BCom 4 General (Extended Curriculum)||KN-P-BCG KN-W-BCG||NSC-Deg with Maths 3, LO & Engl 4||48-26||4 yrs|
|B Com 4 Accounting (Extended Curriculum)||KN-P-BCO KN-W-BCO||NSC-Deg Maths 4, LO & Engl 4||48-28|
Related Article: UKZN Courses and programs Offered
From the above link, you can access the University Of KwaZulu Natal admission requirements, if the is any other additional information you need, please visit the school’s official website Or drop a comment below and Demzyportal Team would give you the additional information you want.
- How to Check UKZN Application Status For 2023 | A Guide
- UKZN Applications 2023 is Now Open
- Apply To Study At UKZN For the Second Semester
- UKZN Student Email
DEMZYPORTAL CATEGORY: ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.