The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government student bursary scheme that receives its funding budget from, and reports to the Department of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS will cover more than just your tuition fees, should you qualify.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme(NSFAS) administers funding on behalf of the national government to students in need of financial support.
Although only students who meet the necessary criteria will be selected to receive an NSFAS bursary.
Who Is Qualified For NSFAS?
To find out if you are eligible check out the list of NSFAS requirements below:
- You are a South African citizen;
- Your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum;
- You are a SASSA grant recipient;
- You are registering for the first time for an undergraduate qualification at a public university or you are registered at a TVET college for one of the National Certificate Vocational or report 191 programme;
- You are applying to study at a public university or TVET college for a qualification;
- You are an already registered university student with an annual household income of less than R122 000 per year;
- You have passed Grade 9 & 10 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET college;
- You have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
To find out more visit the NSFAS website
- NSFAS Bursary Online Application
- How To Appeal An NSFAS Rejection
- How To Check NSFAS Application Status
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.