UJ Admission Requirements 2022: www.uj.ac.za| Read the details of what you need to be admitted into the University of Johannesburg below.
The management of the University of Johannesburg otherwise known as UJ has released the requirements for everyone seeking admission into the University. In that case, Any Student applying for undergraduate, postgraduate, Diploma, and Master’s programs must meet the requirements.
UJ General Admission Requirements
National Senior Certificate (NSC) – 2008 and after. The minimum admission requirement for a bachelor’s degree is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution as certified by Umalusi, coupled with an achievement rating of 4 or better in four subjects from the designated 20-credit subject list. (Government Notice, No. 751, 11 July 2008).
Senior Certificate (SC) – Prior to 2008
Admission requirements for candidates who completed the Senior Certificate
- Senior Certificate with matriculation endorsement and
- Mathematics: Higher grade of at least 40% (E-symbol) or standard grade at least 70% (B-symbol) and
- Language requirements: English (first language) higher grade at least 50% (D-symbol) or English (second language) higher grade of at least 60% (C-symbol) and
- M-score of 15.
UJ Admission Requirements For Extended BCom
The minimum admission requirement for a bachelor’s degree is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution as certified by Umalusi, coupled with an achievement rating of 4 or better in four subjects from the designated 20-credit subject list. (Government Notice, No. 751, 11 July 2008)
The following are specific minimum admission requirements for extended Baccalaureus Commerce and Bachelor of Commerce degree studies in the Faculty.
UJ Admission Requirements for Bridging Programme in Economics
This one-year bridging program gives students the possibility to apply for an Honours Degree in Economics (General).
If you wish to participate in the bridging program, you must apply for this course. Applications must be done online. Additional information can be found on the UJ website and any additional inquiries can be sent to Dr. Peter Baur (Peterb@uj.ac.za).
The minimum admission requirements for the program are as follows:
- Students complying with the usual prerequisites of the honors program and who were conditionally admitted at the end of the previous academic year, but failed the entrance examination at the beginning of the academic year, and
- Students who do not qualify for conditional admission into any of the Economics honors programs because they did not obtain a 3rd-year average of 65% or more (but received an average higher than 55% for Economics 3); and
- For the Advanced Diploma: Diploma or BTech students with Economics as a major up to their 3rd-year level (with an average of 65% for Economics 3 AND who obtained 50% or more in the Basic Mathematics course for Diploma students); and
- APS for matric mathematics of 3 (Unless the student had done an extended degree in which case matric mathematics will not be considered). Learn more About UJ APS.
Advanced Diploma in Economics
Related Article: How to calculate UJ APS.
From the above article, you can access UJ admission requirements, if the is any other additional information you need, please visit the school’s official website Or drop a comment below and Demzyportal Team would give you the additional information you want.
Requirements To Study Law In South Africa
Wits School of Education Entry Requirements
Unisa MBA Courses Admission Requirements
Requirements To Study Nursing Courses In SA
South African Universities Admission Requirements 2023
Demzyportal Category: Admission Requirements
My name is John U., I’m the founding Editor at Demzyportal and an SEO Expert. I make sure every blog post published on Demzyportal is EPIC.