The University of Pretoria, UP Application for the 2022 academic year is now open. The University of Pretoria, UP has sent an invitation to Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students to apply online.
The information on this page about the University of Pretoria online application, registrations, courses, and more. Find out what an applicant need to apply for admission at the University of Pretoria, Read how you can apply to UP Online below.
Application for admission to undergraduate study programs for both South African and international citizens close on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study. Check the list of closing dates supplied below to make sure that you submit your application on time. To use the Online Application System you will need internet access, as well as an email address that you can access regularly because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Table Of Contents
How To Apply online – UP Application 2022
Click on the videos link below for a step-by-step guide on how to use the online application system, UP Portal, and online contract.
1. Online Applications
2. Accessing the UP Portal
Application Closing Dates
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences 30 September
- Faculty of Education 30 September
- Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology
- BSc (Architecture) 31 May
- Other programmes 30 September
- Faculty of Health Sciences 31 May
- Faculty of Humanities
- BA (Audiology) 30 June
- BA (Speech-Language Pathology) 30 June
- BA (Fine Arts) 30 June
- BA (Information Design) 30 June
- Bachelor of Music (BMus) 30 June
- Bachelor of Drama (BDram) 30 June
- Other programmes 30 September
- Faculty of Law 30 September
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences 30 September
- Faculty of Theology and Religion 30 September
- Faculty of Veterinary Science 31 May
UP Application Status
After successful submission of your application form, you may want to start tracking your application status. The following page shows you how to do that properly.
UP Application Fee
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if your household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
Application Fee:When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2022.
- Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- If your household income is more than R150 000 per annum please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.