Apply to UKZN (University of Kwa-Zulu Natal) Online Application 2022 – We have gathered information about UKZN online application, registrations, courses, and more. Find out what an applicant need to apply for admission at the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, Read how you can apply to UKZN Online below.
Table Of Contents
- 1 UKZN Application Breakdown
- 2 UKZN Online Applications
Apply to UKZN using the online application
Things to note before applying online to UKZN:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Need accommodation? You will be able to indicate this on the application form.
- The UKZN application process makes use of the Central Applications Office (CAO). You will need to submit your application through this portal.
- Make sure your documents are ready to upload before starting the application process.
- Please note that if you are an international student, you will need to apply directly to the university. Also, only international students from SADC countries will be permitted to apply for medicine.
UKZN Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of June for all medical programmes and at the end of September for all other programmes. If you’re applying for second semester studies, applications close at the end of April. Late applications may be accepted if entrance requirements are met and there is still space available.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how here.
UKZN Online Applications
The UKZN has developed an online application system. The following applicants can apply online:
- Postgraduate and international applicants;
- Returning former UKZN undergraduate Applicants;
- First-time entering South African undergraduate applicants should apply through the Central Application Office (CAO);
- A non-refundable application fee of R200 is payable to UKZN (late fee R400);
Read also: UKZN Admission Requirements
Download a Complete Brochure/Prospecuts with all the information regarding UKZN Applications
Apply to UKZN the Central Applications Office (CAO)
- All first-time South African applicants to UKZN for entry into degree/diploma study in the first semester (February) of an academic year (Grade 12s as well as undergraduate transfer students from other institutions) must apply via the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- Obtain the CAO application form and CAO Handbook from the CAO on +27 (0)31 268 4444 or CAO’s website at www.cao.ac.za OR institutions OR high schools. For UKZN, write to [email protected]
- The CAO also has an online application facility.
- The forms have unique CAO reference/application numbers that must be quoted in all correspondence. The CAO system will generate a CAO number when applying online. Students can apply to more than one institution on the CAO application form. Applicants use the same application number for all institutions. Application for residence accommodation and financial assistance on the CAO application form. For UKZN, no further application forms are required.
- The CAO Handbook provides information on programmes available as well as information on minimum requirements for application to specific programmes. Applicants are allowed six choices that must be listed in order of preference.
- Recommended For New Applicant: UKZN Courses Offered
Application Fees for UKZN
South African applicants will need to pay a non-refundable application fee of R240. International applicants will need to pay a fee of R300.
A late application fee of R465 will need to be paid by South African applicants while a R575 late application fee will need to be paid by international students.
Contact the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal:
For more information on how to apply to UKZN, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UKZN Admissions Department using the following details:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (031) 260 8596
DemzyPortal On social media
Facebook and Twitter are great channels through which we share ideas and get our followers generally to stay informed. you can like our page on Facebook @DemzyPortal And Follow us on twitter @DemzyPortal.