In this article, you will see a step-by-step guide on how to Cancel your R350 Grant Application. SASSA offers an option to those individuals who have applied to receive the R350 grant to cancel their application. Read further to find out how to do so.
If your conditions changed so that you no longer need or qualify for the special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant, you may cancel your application.
Read Also: 12 Ways To Make Money Online
How To Cancel Your SASSA R350 Grant Application
- Go to the SASSA SRD website
- Scroll to where it says ‘Cancel my Application’ (Check Screenshot below for details)
- Click on the yellow bar which says ‘click here to cancel online’
- Fill in your ID number and phone number
- Click ‘send pin’
- You will then receive an SMS with an OTP
- Insert the OTP in the required field
- Click ‘Verify pin’
- Click ‘cancel my grant’
You are required to inform SASSA of any change in your circumstances if you’re receiving grants. The agency will then stop payment if they become aware that a beneficiary no longer qualifies for the grant.
The President declared a National State of Disaster as a result of the Covid-19 global pandemic. In this regard he introduced a special Covid 19 Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD) of R350 per month to be paid to individuals who are currently unemployed, do not receive any form of income, social grant or UIF payment etc.
Applications for this grant are now open again and will close in March 2022.