The University of the Free State is a multi-campus and a public Research university in Bloemfontein, the capital of the Free State. The university contributes to development and social justice through the production of globally competitive graduates.
Faculties Offered In UFS
UFS offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- The Humanities
- Theology and Religion
- University of the Free State: Business School.
Read the Full List of the Courses Offered in the University of the Free State here.
The minimum admission requirements are what the University expect an applicant to have before applying for admission. For Degree Programs the Admission requirements In University of Free State Are:
- You have an NSC or NCV with an endorsement that allows entrance to degree studies (Bachelor’s degree) or an equivalent qualification.
- You meet all the minimum admission requirements for the programme you intend to study.
- You have a minimum level of 4 (50%) in the chosen UFS language of instruction: English or Afrikaans (only applicable to certain programmes).
Read more About the Admission requirements Here.
How To Apply
Step 1: Get your application form.
- Online Application:
Undergraduate and postgraduate applicants use the same online application process.
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
*Remember you’ll need to calculate your APS. Find out here.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form. Find residence application forms here.
Read the Detailed breakdown on how to apply to UFS here.
There are no application fees for applicants.
Remember to: Calculate your APS.
Application Closing Dates
30 September 2020 (all non-selection programmes)
You can Contact UFS for further application closing dates.
Contact Info And Website
For admission Related contact:
Tel:051 401 9111
Need to find the institution?
University of the Free State
205 Nelson Mandela Drive
UFS On Social Media
You can follow the University of the Free State on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook and get updates about the activities in the Institution, below are their social media Handles: